Setare’s Hosted Publishing Service enables standards development organisations to publish standards from NISO STS, ISO STS and OASIS DocBook XML content. Many options are pre-configured so it's quick and easy to get started. As it's purpose built it's also high performing. We offer free evaluations so you can be sure you're getting what you need. And our monthly or annual subscriptions give you financial flexibility.
Purpose Built = Streamlined, No Compromises, High Performance = Maximum Value
We built our service specifically to publish standards & technical specifications from NISO STS, ISO STS and OASIS DocBook content. It only does what's needed. This means you can be up and running quickly. And it means you can publish high quality results quickly and cost-effectively.
We all know that developing good standards content takes time. Usually a lot of time. Does a few more minutes or hours waiting for the technology to publish the content matter? It might not. However, faster publishing technology may increase the productivity and satisfaction of your editorial team. It may also enable you to develop more iterative workflows that, for example, enable authors and committees to see the results of their work in a more finished form during the authoring process.
Publish NISO STS XML, ISO STS XML and OASIS DocBook content
- ISO, IEC, CEN, CENELEC (following the guidelines set out in ISO/IEC Directives Part 2)
- UN CENTRE FOR TRADE FACILITATION AND E-BUSINESS (UN/CEFACT)
- OASIS Standard and Committee Note Layouts
We can also configure different layouts to meet your specific needs. Contact us to discuss your specific requirements in more detail.
Setare’s Hosted Publishing Service can automatically create preview versions of a standard using the publicly available sections of ISO, IEC, CEN and CENELEC standards. These are the cover sheet, table of contents, foreword, introduction, scope, terms and definitions, normative references, bibliography.
We can also configure different combinations to meet your specific needs. Contact us to discuss your specific requirements in more detail.
Author/Editor PDF for review
Authors and editors often want to review and comment on their content in near-finished form. At the same time, it's important that such documents can't be mistaken for the official, approved standard.
Setare's Hosted Publishing service facilitates this by:
- Creating a PDF version which includes line numbers for easier discussion & review and watermarks to distinguish this from an official standard.
- Offering subscriptions which include unlimited printing at predictable costs.
- Delivering fast publishing performance to improve author and editor satisfaction.
Regional and National Adoptions
Setare’s Hosted Publishing Service can publish international, regional and/or national standards and technical specifications. The relevant front matter (e.g. cover sheets, forewords, copyright notices) and headers/footers for every page (e.g. title, copyright statement) are added to the standards content.
During the initial set-up process, we will work with you to configure the cover sheets for the different documents you produce. We have several templates from which to start the configuration so this can take as little as 2 days for each cover sheet required.
Special Features of Standards
We built the software to correctly handle the complex elements found in many standards and technical specifications.
- We render equations directly from MATHML
- We render tables according to the markup in the XML content (e.g. merged cells, cells containing equations). If they span multiple pages the headings are automatically repeated on each page.
- We support images in multiple graphics formats including multimedia data such as video and audio.
- We put page headings and footers in the correct positions for portrait and landscape pages
- We can read and publish XML content in any character set including those for languages written from right to left.
We publish content adapted for print, web browser and for mobile devices in PDF, HTML and EPUB formats.
We understand that our publishing solution is part of a bigger picture. Our experienced team has in-depth knowledge of the standards development process, the business requirements and the specialised technologies that can underpin an XML publishing process.
Ready to find out more?
To see a demonstration and arrange a free trial of our XML publishing service